Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Social Networking

Well, I made a fake page on FaceBook and searched around a little. I think it's interesting that they knew all the names I tried were bogus. Also they decided I couldn't be 90 years old and be registering for a page. Pretty smart of them. If they don't want 90 year olds perhaps they shouldn't put the date down! I really wasn't impressed by any of them. They seem to do everything a blog does except for the search feature. I only look up people I went to grammer school with and none of them have their own pages. It's better for me to use Classmates.com for that. Other than those people, I can spy on my kids. I've seen a few friends childrens' sites and they just had pictures on them that their moms and dads shouldn't ever see. I went to Eons and was put off by the death memorials. Not exactly what I wanted to see right when I got there. Geesh, I'm not that old!!! Now the dead or alive trivia game was o.k. That I played and answered the male television stars as Dead or Alive and got them all right. The corporate one didn't interest me at all. These sites are really boring unless you know the people you are reading about. They are usually filled with many un-truths or exaggerations. Many of the people who respond to the pages act like jerks. Girls and guys put up suggestive pics. And why would you want 100's of friends? It's not like you know all 100 personally. My son is on many of the music groups, that's o.k. You might find someone who is just starting out with talent that you'd like to keep track of. I guess I just don't get it. Tomorrow, I'll check out LibraryThing and GoodReads.

2 comments:

Amanda "Mandy" O'Brien said...

Hey, T.T. Ilike your page...one question: Where are the Barbies? Mandy

Talky Tina said...

I was totally annoyed with Flickr and decided I would put Barbies up later. I was getting aggravated