Wednesday, October 3, 2007

GoodRead

I went and registered at GoodRead. I like the visual format of the site. It was easy to read. I pulled up a few books that I love to see how many people hated them. Most agreed with me, so I don't have to concern myselves with the others. Some reviews felt like they were written by someone with a masters degree, or want to be writers. Those I didn't like, I like the normal ones by moms on their way to take kids to hockey, dance or gymnastics. The other site, LibraryThing was just too big. I didn't like the format. It seemed like a search engine for desk staff than the average joe. If I can't figure out how to interact with a page right away, I lose interest in it. I can see linking to reviews of kids books on GoodRead, it would be another source of opinion.

No comments: