Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Podcasting

I used Library Sucess Wiki to look up a few libraries. I thought they should tell you a little more about what each library actually had on their webpages. So I picked by places. My husband has an 2nd cousin who used to work as a librarian at the Denver Library so I watched that one and added it to my reader. I didn't see many listed for IL except Kankakee so I grabbed that one. They seem to be very busy in Kankakee. For personal taste, I chose a Let's learn Italian. I'm 1/2 and my mom didn't learn Italian b/c her mom and dad didn't teach any of the kids. They liked to keep it as their little secret when their kids were growing up. My daughter spent a little time in Italy and knew enough Italian that she could understand what people said. I would love to visit Italy and would really like to know how to speak the language. I can see the libraries doing VOYA booktalks for areas that don't offer that service. I like the links they have for teens with their book reveiws and their blogs listed. I can see a video podcast showing what is being offered at the library for the month. I think it would be nice to show a video podcast of a program, maybe for kids that we hold, kind of like the mass for shut-ins. It wouldn't help with circulation but it would get information out and that is what the library is for.

No comments: