Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blah

Well today it is so gloomy outside that the lighting in the library actually hurts my eyes. It's one of those days where you can just feel snow building in the air ready to dump on us at an inconvenient time, like rush hour. My commute wasn't good today. It took me over an hour and a half to get here . What is it about road construction that makes everyone stubborn, refusing to leave the lane that is going to close until the last moment. So that you have to wait 30 minutes to get through a small length of road that is crawling b/c no one will let the other guy in. Hard to believe it is almost December. Only a few shopping weeks left. My paycheck doesn't seem to last as long as it used too. When I first started here 11 years ago, I was able to take a portion of my part-time check and save each pay period. First I treated myself to a movie camera (which of course, does not work anymore), 2nd I was able to save enough money to take my family on a trip to Disney World for 1 week. That was memorable, my kids were still young, trips were still fun. I would like to do that again but now the money has to go in so many directions that it will probably take me 5 years to save it up. Good Grief!!!

No comments: